Waffle Weave Throw - BlueRegular price $29.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$44.99 USDSale price $29.99 USDSale
Waffle Weave Throw - IvoryRegular price $54.97 USDRegular priceUnit price perSold out
Waffle Weave Throw - GrayRegular price $29.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$44.99 USDSale price $29.99 USDSale
100% Cotton Throw Blankets for Couch & Sofa: Lightweight Cotton Knit Throws
Want to spruce up your home with a dash of style?
A beautiful, breezy cotton throw will do the trick! These stylish, lightweight, and uber-soft cotton throw blankets are widely used during both cold and warm weather.
They look gorgeous draped around a sofa and chairs. Plus, these versatile beauties are eco-friendly and good for the planet too!
But what exactly are cotton woven throws, and what sets them apart from the other ones in the market? Scroll down as we take you through all you need to know about this enduring decor trend.
What Are Cotton Knit Throw Blankets?
Before coming to cotton throws, let’s first understand a little about throw blankets in general. These are typically smaller and lighter than your average-sized bed blankets, which makes them quite versatile.
Not only are they perfect for snuggling into your couch or patio chair, but they can also be draped over your sofa or chair as decor! A standard throw typically comes in 50 x 60 inches and is available in a variety of fabrics.
Organic cotton throws are crafted from cotton that’s grown organically - that is, without using any pesticides or harmful chemical fertilizers. Plus, certified organic cotton is ethically sourced.
This not only makes them safer for your skin but also more environmentally sustainable and ethical when compared to throws made from other fabrics!
100% Cotton throws are soft and breathable, making them ideal for use all year round. They’re light enough to keep you comfortably cool in the summers and offer just the right amount of warmth in the winters!
How Are Cotton Knit Throws Different From Throws Made From Other Materials?
Organic cotton as a fabric has certain special qualities that set it apart - as a result, throws crafted from this fabric are different from the other materials available in the market. Let’s do a quick rundown of what these qualities are:
|Features||Organic Cotton Throws||Fleece Throws||Cashmere Throws||Microfiber Throws|
||Yes but it needs a delicate cycle||Yes|
Organic Cotton Throws
Organic cotton is a natural fabric that’s grown and processed without the use of any pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, or harmful chemicals. The fact that it uses significantly less energy and water than even conventional cotton makes it one of the most eco-friendly materials available. Throws made from 100% organic cotton are soft, comfortable, lightweight, easy to maintain, and suitable for use all year round.
A widely available fabric, fleece is made from certain varieties of polyester and other synthetic fibers. Fleece throws are lightweight and imitate wool in the warmth department.
However, it is not as breathable as cotton - and this may make them uncomfortable in the warm weather.
Being an artificial fabric that’s non-biodegradable and not recyclable, fleece throws are also a lot less eco-friendly in comparison to other natural fabric throws.
Cashmere is a soft, luxurious fiber made from a special variety of goat’s wool. Throws made from cashmere are more suited for cold winters thanks to their excellent insulation and are not ideal for use in the summers.
Plus, unlike machine washable organic cotton, cashmere is a more delicate fabric and may require hand washing to avoid wear and tear.
Microfiber throws are quite durable and widely available. They are well-suited for the winters, owing to their ability to trap heat for long durations.
However, this means that you’ll be sweating in no time if you use them in the hotter months! Microfiber also stains more easily and is not eco-friendly as organic cotton.
10 Benefits of Using Cotton Woven Throw Blankets
So, what makes cotton throws special? As it turns out, plenty! Not only do they offer comfort and warmth whenever the temperature dips, but they can jazz up the aesthetics of the room without breaking the bank.
Here are 10 reasons why organic throws have an advantage over other options.
- Amp Up Your Home Decor: Because they are so versatile and available in a host of knits, colors, and designs, organic cotton throws are sure to take your home aesthetics up a notch! Simply drape or place them on your favorite piece of furniture to instantly spruce up your bedroom or living space.
- Eco-friendly: 100% organic cotton is grown using no pesticides or harmful synthetic fertilizers. And that’s not all - organic cotton uses substantially less water and a Co2 footprint that is less than 50% of conventional cotton! So it’s not hard to see why organic cotton throws are perfect for the eco-conscious consumer.
- Long-lasting: With proper care, storage and maintenance, organic cotton throws will last you a lifetime. Even if frequently used, they have impressive durability. Thankfully, they are super easy to maintain, but more on that later in the blog!
- Safe for Newborns and Kids: Safe, light, natural, and chemical-free, organic throws are ideal for the soft and sensitive skin of newborns. Their non-toxic, breathable, and soft fabric make them a great choice for children to snuggle up against through the yeat.
- Hypoallergenic and Breathable: Free of pesticides, chemicals, bleaches, and synthetic pigments makes organic cotton throws are a lot less likely to trigger an allergic reaction. Their long, natural fibers also score high on breathability, allowing for plenty of air circulation.
- Lightweight: Some of the best throws have one thing in common - they are ultra-light and can be carried around effortlessly. And this is where throws made out of organic cotton truly shine! You can easily move it around the house and pack it up and take it along outdoors too.
- Ideal for Year-round Use: It’s hard to imagine a fleece or cashmere throw put to good use in any other time except for the winters. 100% organic cotton knitted throws, on the other hand, are an all-season choice that’ll be a permanent feature in your home - just curl under them whenever you want a bit of warmth and snug.
- Travel Friendly: Cotton throws double up as a light and portable travel blanket to give you warmth on your journey. Whether on a road trip, picnic, or plane, their small size and light weight make them super easy to pack and travel with.
- Great Texture: Not only a wide range of colors and patterns, but organic cotton throws are also available in different kinds of knit weaves that lend them a fantastic texture. If you ask me, it’s the classic waffle weave that has my vote. It’s stylish, soft, and incredibly comfy!
- Easy to Care For:Unlike blankets made from the more delicate fabrics, there’s no hassle of getting organic cotton throws dry-cleaned to prep them for sweater season. They are easy to maintain - but do pay close attention to the makers’ wash and care instructions to keep them in top shape for a long time.
Important Tip to Consider Before Purchasing Cotton Woven Throws
To make sure you pick the perfect organic cotton throw for you, here are the things you need to keep in mind when making your choice:
- Made from Certified Organic Cotton: It’s important to ensure that your throw is made from certified organic cotton. There are many brands that use words like ‘Pure’, ‘sustainable’, and ‘ethically sourced’ but unless certified, it’s hard to tell how accurate their claims are. Look for certifications like USDA-Certified Organic, Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS), Organic Content Standard (OCS), Better Cotton Standard, Fair Trade, Bluesign, and Oeko-Tex 100 while buying the blanket.
- Pre-Washed for Low Shrinkage and Extra Softness: It’s always a good idea to buy a pre-washed organic cotton throw. Here’s why - most natural fibers like cotton, silk, and linen shrink upon first wash. A pre-washed cotton blanket has most likely already undergone that shrinkage and would lead to no surprises upon purchase, size-wise. Such throws become shrink-resistant and are also springier and softer than those that are non-pre-washed.
- Choosing The Right Designs: Utility aside, there’s no denying that looks also matter! Lucky for us, with organic cotton throws, there is no dearth of excellent options. Accessorize and add texture to your home or office furniture by picking out a waffle weave, cable knit chunky knit throw with tassels. Take your pick from earthy neutrals to vibrant tones, solid or patterned designs - the right choice depends on your personal style and the vibe you’re going for.
- Environmentally-Friendly Packaging: It goes without saying that a product cannot be called eco-friendly if it comes in plastic packaging! The importance of using sustainable, earth-friendly packaging cannot be overemphasized. What package your throw arrives in speaks volumes about how eco-friendly and respectful the brand is to our planet. Do keep this factor in mind while making your purchase.
- Select the Right Size and Thickness: For year-long warmth, cotton knit throws are a good bet. They are light, breathable enough to give you comfort during the warmer season, and woven to keep you snug and cozy even in the nippier months. A standard 50” by 60” cotton throw blanket with a 150 to 350 GSM or “grams per square meter” fits the all-season bill pretty well.
How to Wash and Care for Your Cotton Throw Blankets
Caring for an organic cotton throw is honestly a cakewalk! But having said that, you do need to keep a few things in mind to ensure they stick around in perfect condition for a long time to come.
Gentle Machine Wash: Good quality organic cotton throws are super easy to wash and will save you time, money, and hassle of getting them dry cleaned. Most brands recommend washing the throws in cold water in a delicate wash setting.
Mild Laundry Detergent: Always wash your cotton throw with mild and allergy-free and ideally plant-based laundry detergent. Also, steer clear of additional agents, bleach, or fabric softeners. As a natural fiber, organic cotton softens on its own during the wash.
Air-Dry: It’s a good idea to line dry knitted throws instead of tumble drying them to maintain their original shape and conserve energy. If air-drying is not possible for some reason, then you may go ahead and tumble dry them - but on the lowest possible setting.
Iron Warm: For a nice, crisp finish, iron your organic cotton throws on low to medium heat settings.
Soft, light, eco-friendly, and gorgeous - there’s no reason not to grab a stunning organic cotton throw for your home! You could drape them around your shoulders, use them to layer up a quilt, or snuggle up to them on your favorite chair - the possibilities are endless. We hope our blog helps you zero in on the throw that is the perfect match for you - one made in home decor heaven!