Regular price $16.97 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $18.97 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $21.97 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $24.97 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Accessories are a fantastic way to make a personal style statement - and choosing bags, purses, and shoes that reflect your persona is a great way to do that! But like all prized possessions, they need proper care and maintenance - and that’s exactly where dust bags come in handy.
Let’s take a look at how the right dust bags can preserve the quality of your purses, handbags, and shoes, and keep them looking as good as new for years.
What are Dust Bags?
Dust bags are meant to protect accessories like purses, handbags, and shoes from harsh sunlight, dust, and water or moisture. By doing this, they help products last much longer.
Typically, most of the popular handbag dust bags and purse dust covers are crafted from cotton, although they can also be made from artificial materials like rayon and polyester.
Why are Dust Bags Important For Expensive Accessories?
Dust Bags protect your possessions from not only dust, but also scratch marks, moisture, and sunlight - things that can damage the material and cause discoloration. By protecting your accessories from weather elements, handbag dust covers prevent their wear and tear and discoloration.
Leaving purses or shoes unused for a long period of time can cause them to collect dust - which is bad news if you have dust allergies! But by storing them in handbag dust bags, they’ll be clean and dust-free even if you whip them out after a long time!
How are Organic Cotton Dust Bags Different From Bags Made Of Other Materials?
Several dust bags available in the market are made from plastic and non-porous materials. However, organic cotton dust bags have certain advantages that make them a better choice to house your purses and shoes in.
Materials like polyester and rayon may be less expensive, but not only do they harm the environment but also trap moisture which can encourage the growth of mold. And that is going to affect your bag, purse, or shoe like crazy! The same goes for synthetic fabrics like nylon and spandex.
Organic cotton dust bags, on the other hand, are breathable, moisture absorbent, and allow air circulation. Because they’re made from natural fabric, they maintain a steady temperature that prevents your purse’s materials from sudden shrinkage or expansion.
And it doesn’t end there - organic cotton dust bags are also very durable and don’t cause static electricity.
Organic Cotton is also grown through natural farming methods without the use of chemical products like fertilizers and pesticides. So not only are they a better choice for storing your accessories, but they’re better for the planet too!
6 Benefits of Using Cotton Dust Bags for Purses & Shoes
You’ll find that there are dust bags available in a wide variety of materials. However, the benefits of using cotton dust bags are immense and afford added protection to your precious accessories. Here are some of the biggest advantages of going for cotton dust bags:
- Breathable: Unlike plastic and other non-porous materials, cotton dust bags are breathable and allow for air circulation. This prevents moisture from accumulating, avoiding the growth of mold and fungus.
- Washable: Cotton dust bags are fuss-free when it comes to caring for them since they are easily washable. Even better? They can be washed both by hand or in your washing machine. However, we suggest not placing them in the drier, to avoid shrinkage.
- Environmentally Friendly: Organic cotton is environmentally friendly - growing this fiber requires far less natural resources and is a more sustainable choice. Switching to cotton dust bags will save 100’s of plastic bags that would be used in place of one cotton dust bag. You know the result of that.
- Easy To Use: Organic cotton dust bags are quite convenient to use, thanks to their durability and low maintenance needs. Whether you use a dust bag for purses, bags, or even a dust bag for shoes, you’ll find them quite easy to work with.
- Lightweight: If you are someone who loves to travel a lot, look no more. Organic Cotton dust bags are your best option. They’re super light and will protect your bags, purses, or shoes from moisture and dust wherever you go. Thanks to their compact size and lightweight, they take almost no space by themselves in your luggage.
- Preserves High-Quality Material: One of the most important features of cotton dust bags is their unmatched combination of softness and durability - which makes them perfect for storing high-quality materials. They do not scratch expensive materials like leather and silk and keep them well-preserved for ages.
What Are The Factors to Consider Before Purchasing Dust Cover Bags for Your Shoes & Handbags?
The perfect dust bag should have certain features that are non-negotiable. Let’s find out what are the things you should keep in mind when browsing and choosing the right dust bag for you:
- Organic Cotton: When buying your dust bags, make sure they’re crafted from a material that is light, soft, breathable, and durable. While other materials fulfill some of these requirements, none of them checks all the boxes off like organic cotton dust bags! These bags are not only high quality, but also greener, sustainable, and a more non-toxic option. Plenty of brands nowadays provides organic cotton dust bags along with the purse or bag you purchase.
- Pre-Washed: Make sure that your dust bags are pre-washed. It helps to prevent shrinkage later on and prevents discoloration. It also eliminates any kind of chemicals that have caught onto it in the manufacturing process.
- Design: Another thing you should look out for is the style, size, and design of your dust bag. Check out the dimensions to make sure that it fits your bag, purse, or shoes well. Also, it wouldn’t hurt to have a snazzy-looking cotton dust bag for that stylish handbag of yours! Most dust bags these days come with a drawstring which makes it convenient for you to carry them around, especially if you’re doing something like trekking, or you’re at the beach.
- Packaging: With plastic packaging piling up into landfills with every passing minute, it’s a great idea to make sure that the dust bag you buy comes in environmentally friendly packaging. What’s the point if you are selling organic cotton dust bags packed in a plastic cover?
- Weight: Make sure the dust bag you purchase is light in weight. If it is bulky and heavy, then the whole process of storage might become cumbersome. Plus, you may not be able to take it with you when traveling.
- Multi-Purpose: Another crucial thing to look out for is that your dust bag is versatile enough to be used to store other knick-knacks around the house too. Ideally, you must be able to use it for storing toys, showpieces, toiletry, shoes, jewelry, etc.
- Portability: Portability matters! Your dust bag must be easy to pack and travel with - you don’t want another bulky item to stress about when you’re packing. You can’t really mess up the design of a dust bag, Dust Bags with drawstrings are the best option to go for, in place of a zip which can get faulty over time.
- Washability: Since the primary use of dust bags is to protect your bags and shoes from dust, they’re bound to catch a lot of dirt and dust themselves. This is why it’s important that your dust bag is easy to wash. If the product mentions that it's machine washable then you’re good to go. Easy to wash, and hang to dry!
How to Wash and Care For Your Dust Bags
Just like how you’d protect your handbags, purses, toys, or shoes, it would be best for you to wash and care for your dust bags too. Thankfully it is not a tedious task. The best part is that if you wash your dust bags regularly and look after them, then they’re sure to last you a very long time. Here are a couple of steps to follow:
- Make sure you empty your dust bag out.
- If you’re hand-washing, rinse the dust bag in a bucket/basin with clean, cool water.
- Add detergent and wash well.
- Once washed, rinse again with cool water.
- In case you’re using a washing machine, make sure it doesn’t exceed a temperature of 30 degrees celsius - as the cotton may shrink.
- Hang your dust bags out to air dry. Avoid using the dryer, since that might shrink the bags.
- Only start using your dust bags again once they are fully dry.
Your precious accessories and footwear deserve to be protected! We hope this guide helps you pick the right kind of dust bag for your prized possessions. Although there are several types of dust bags for handbags and dust bags for shoes available in the market, going for one that is made from organic cotton gives you certain advantages that will prolong the life of your accessories and preserve their sparkle and shine. By using lightweight, durable, and breathable organic cotton dust bags, you can keep them looking good as new for years to come.