Reusable Grocery Tote Bags
Are you looking for reusable carry bags for groceries that will help you make the shift from plastic as fashionable as it is functional? Our selection of cotton tote bags and grocery bags can offer all of that and more.
Let’s take a quick look at why they are causing such a stir.
Reusable Grocery Bags Are In Trend
A number of studies have been working to reveal how detrimental our unprecedented use of disposable plastic is. We all need to be a lot more mindful of how much plastic we are using and throwing away every day.
Things like plastic packaging can be reduced, but it will take time to get the protocols in place that will encourage producers and manufacturers to find alternatives to that packaging.
One area in which we can make an immediate difference is with disposable plastic bags. Currently, one trillion single-use plastic bags are used every year around the world. That translates to 2 million plastic bags being used every minute.
Since they are one-time use, all of those end up in landfills almost as quickly as they are acquired. A lot of that plastic makes its way into the oceans, where it has a detrimental impact on marine life.
Each year, an estimated 8 million metric tons of plastic ends up in the ocean. If you are finding it difficult to visualize how much that is, 8 million metric tons weighs the equivalent of almost 57,000 blue whales (of which we only have around 5,000 to 12,000 left).
If our current plastic consumption continues to increase as it has been, by 2050, we can expect the amount of plastic in the ocean to outweigh all of the ocean’s fish combined.
These plastics break apart into microplastics that can do a lot of damage; it takes 400 years to fully break down and in the process, releases chemicals that cause further contamination.
It’s an issue that impacts more than just our fish—a lot of the world’s industries are connected to the marine ecosystem—and the increasing awareness of how critical the issue has become is part of the reason why reusable grocery bags are such an important investment.
Why Reusable Grocery Bags Are Better?
Reusable grocery bags can help your environmental conscience feel more at ease, but they also offer a number of other benefits, including:
- Cost Savings: Cotton tote bags are often bigger and far more well-constructed than plastic tote bags. That means you can carry more items in fewer bags, which saves you money if stores are going to start charging anywhere from 5 to 10 cents per bag. Plus, if you purchase three reusable bags, those three bags are going to last a long time, so you are saving on the number of plastic bags you need for one shopping trip as well as for all of your future shopping trips.
- Simple Storage: You probably have at least one cupboard or drawer in your home that is a disaster to open because of all the plastic bags that come billowing out at you when you do. There’s a simple solution: instead of accumulating a hundred plastic bags, you could have three or four reusable grocery shopping bags. They fold down easily, so it’s virtually impossible for them to take up an entire cupboard, and because they fold down so easily, they can also be stored right where you need them—in the glove box or trunk of your car, in your purse, or in your coat pocket. Tuck a couple away in those places and you’ll never have to worry about forgetting your reusable tote—and you’ll free up a whole cupboard’s worth of space.
- Washable: The nicest thing about reusable cotton tote bags is that they are washable and clean up easily. Just throw them in with your towels once a week and your shopping totes will be ready to go the next time you are, no matter what you carried—or spilled—in them earlier.
- Organization: We’ve already mentioned that reusable cotton tote bags can carry more things than a plastic shopping bag, but our reusable canvas totes go one step above. They actually have sleeve compartments in them, so you can separate your items. That means you have a space to put the eggs so they can be transported more safely, or you have compartments to pack the things you might need to access right away so you don’t have to rummage through 10 plastic bags trying to find it. Organized storage is always far more efficient, and it’s no different with reusable shopping totes.
- Easy to Carry: We’ve all been there. You bought too many groceries and now you have to get them home. Let me introduce you to the most painful handles you could ever imagine: plastic bag handles. Give yourself 10 minutes to get the circulation back into all your fingers, and then take a look at the handles on our cotton grocery bags. Not only are they a lot less likely to break and leave your eggs in a shattered heap of despair, but they are also wider, they distribute weight more evenly, and they are way less likely to cause you to lose a pinky.
- Increased Durability: Of course, the handles aren’t the only things to break easily on plastic bags. Most are made with such thin plastic it’s a wonder they can hold a bag of chips. Introduce a cucumber or couple of jars of pasta sauce into the mix and you’ve got a recipe for having to chase a few tumbling tomatoes across the parking lot. Cotton tote bags are made of much stronger materials, and they are designed to hold up against even the most ferocious vegetables.
- Quality Fabric: Our reusable cotton tote bags are made from 100% certified organic cotton. That means they are biodegradable, so even if you end up throwing one away in the future, you don’t have to worry about it taking 400 years to break down. It really is a green item; however, that isn’t the only benefit. It is also proven that food keeps better in 100% cotton than it does in plastic, so your fruit and veggies will actually stay fresher during their transport than they otherwise would.
- Fashion: The best thing about our reusable grocery bags is that they come in a number of different styles. You can buy the traditional reusable shopping bag style, or you can be as on-trend as you like with a mesh tote or mesh satchel. Whether you want to use your bag as a grocery tote, a gym bag, a beach bag, your go-to mall bag, an everyday bag, or you want to get a few to match your outfit styles, our catalog has something for you.
Why not all Carry Bags for Groceries are alike
It’s a big step, making the switch from plastic bags to reusable cotton tote bags, and for each person that makes that shift, there is a better impact on the environment. Any reusable bag you choose is going to step towards this, but it’s important to note that not all reusable shopping bags are alike.
If you really want to make the best impact, you should be aware of what the reusable bag is made of, how often you use it, and how long it would take to break down if it ended up in a landfill. Some reusable bags are made from recycled plastic, but others are made from polypropylene, and the manufacture of those bags may create negative impacts on the environment, too.
Our reusable carry bags for groceries are designed to be environmentally friendly. They are made with 100% cotton and are biodegradable. As mentioned, if it is used enough times, any reusable bag will make a positive impact, but some are better than others, so it’s good to do a little research to make sure you are getting a reusable cotton tote bag you can be proud to carry with you.
Ready to start making a difference? Check out Cotton Tote Bags
If you are in the market for an opportunity to save the environment, why not do so by shopping for something you are going to love to use every day? Take a look at our catalog to view our versatile selection of reusable shopping bags. We offer fast shipping and a satisfaction guarantee on all our items—that’s how much we know you’re going to love them.