Regular price $59.99Regular priceSale price $59.99Unit price per
Regular price $69.99Regular priceSale price $69.99Unit price per
Regular price $64.99Regular priceSale price $64.99Unit price per
Regular price $99.99Regular priceSale price $99.99Unit price per
Regular price $19.99Regular priceSale price $19.99Unit price per
Regular price $24.99Regular priceSale price $24.99Unit price per
Craving for a deep and restful sleep? You can’t go wrong with organic cotton sheets. Plant-derived, non-toxic, and breathable organic cotton is becoming an increasingly popular bedding fabric. It’s sustainable and more skin-friendly when compared to most fabrics, including traditional cotton.
At Organic Cotton Mart, we only use the finest 100% GOTS-certified organic cotton to make plush, airy, and long-lasting bed sheets. Explore our catalog to sleep on sheets that are as good for you as they are for the planet.
Types of Organic Cotton Sheets
Sleep in style and comfort with our 100% organic cotton sheets. Each sheet on our catalog is carefully crafted by skilled artisans and undergoes a strict quality check before they’re delivered in biodegradable packaging. Our collection includes two of the most popular cotton weaves - sateen and percale. Each type has its own advantages, and which one you should buy depends on your preferences and sleeping style.
- Sateen: Sateen’s unique construction gives it a luxe, buttery-soft, and silky look and feel. It’s woven by floating one warp yarn under four or more weft yarns. This type of interlacing exposes more weft threads, giving the fabric’s surface a subtle luster. That’s not all. The intricate weave and all those additional threads make sateen thicker, warmer, and more wrinkle-resistant than percale.
- Percale: Percale can be easily identified by its tighter one-under and one-over weave and crisp texture. It looks a lot like a buttoned-up shirt. Sheets made from percale cotton are more lightweight and cooler to the touch than sateen, making them perfect for hot sleepers.
Sateen Sheets - Silky, Soft, and Chic
Our top-selling sateen sheets embody softness, head-turning looks, and opulence. These feathery smooth sheets feel like a warm hug during the colder months and are breathable enough for year-round use. The subtle sheen and smooth texture scream luxury, and sleeping on these sheets is like slipping into a silk robe. Here are all the reasons why our sateen sheets are perfect for setting the mood and tone of your bedroom.
Soft and Silky: Ever wondered why the bedding in five-star hotels feels so soft, silky, and dreamy? Chances are you’re sleeping on a set of high-quality sateen sheets, such as ours.
Lustrous: The thicker yarn and looser weave than percale give these sheets a gorgeous sheen. If you’re someone who loves to indulge in finer things in life, our sateen sheets should be a part of your bedding ensemble.
Perfect for Cold Weather: Sateen sheets are fairly breathable thanks to their cotton origin. However, the use of thicker and denser yarn and the distinctive weave pattern makes it heavier and warmer than percale sheets. In other words, these sheets are perfect for colder months or those who sleep cold.
- Naturally Wrinkle Resistant: Our sateen sheets are machine washable, quick drying, and don’t require ironing. In other words, low maintenance. What’s more, they continue to boast a wrinkle-free and smooth appearance wash after wash.
Percale Sheets - Crisp, Cool, and Long Lasting
You won’t have any trouble finding percale cotton sheets, but not all of them are made equal. Our percale organic cotton sheets are crisp, lightweight, and breathable like no other. The tighter weave gives them a sophisticated, matted look and feel of an ironed shirt. Their distinct knit pattern also makes them highly durable and resistant to piling. Here are the top reasons why our percale sheets are proving to be a game changer for hot sleepers.
Crisp Tight Knit: If you appreciate a cool and crisp feeling on your skin, look no further than our percale sheets. The percale weave allows for more interlacings, giving the fabric a texture similar to that of an ironed cotton shirt.
Highly Breathable: Percale is beloved for its breathability, and our sheets are no exception. The 1:1 weave pattern allows easy airflow, keeping you cool and relaxed through the night.
Perfect for Hot Sleepers: Percale sheets score high breathability and can instantly cool you down. This makes them perfect for hot climates. Because they’re so lightweight, percale sheets don’t cling to the body, keeping hot and sweaty sleepers breezy throughout the night.
Durable: These sheets are tightly woven to last incredibly long, getting softer each time you put them through the washer. The only catch is they wrinkle easily. You can choose to iron them or leave them in their wrinkled glory, depending on what you prefer.
- Resistant to Piling: Aside from making our sheets cool, crisp, and airy, percale’s weave also helps it resist piling. Don’t be surprised if our percale cotton sheets turn out to be the most long-lasting in your collection of bed linen, always looking as good as new.
Why Should You Choose Sheets Made from Organic Cotton?
Cotton is the kingpin in the world of bedding, but the traditional variety is frowned upon for being water-intensive and heavily dependent on synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, and GMOs. Organic cotton, on the other hand, is cultivated using sustainable, chemical-free methods that preserve soil and consume less water and energy.
If you practice sustainable living or wish to start your eco-friendly journey, the choice isn’t really that hard. Here are the top benefits of using organic cotton sheets, in case you need more convincing.
Sustainable: We take our commitment to sustainability seriously. That’s why we only use the finest quality GOTS-certified cotton for our sheets collection. The certification confirms that the fabric we use complies with strict environmental, social, and safety requirements of GOTS. Choosing organic cotton products is one way of showcasing your commitment to protecting the environment.
Safe and Skin-Friendly: As you already know, organic cotton is grown without harmful chemicals found in common pesticides, fertilizers, and herbicides. Nor does any stage in its processing involve any toxic bleaches or dyes. These additives are harmful to human health. That’s also why organic cotton is considered one of the safest fabrics for babies and children. We use the same safe and skin-friendly fabric to make our sheets.
Ethically Made: GOTS certification also means that the cotton we use is made by workers who’ve been treated ethically and paid fair wages. Some of GOTS’ social criteria include no discrimination, fair remuneration, and adherence to occupational health and safety.
Long Lasting: Another important reason why organic cotton sheets are our top-selling item is because of their longevity. This type of cotton is more durable than its traditional counterpart as no part of its production process involves harsh chemicals. These chemicals are known to weaken fibers by stripping away the protective layer. Not only does the non-toxic nature make our sheets endure wear and tear, but it also maintains their softness for longer.
- Versatile: Serene, modern, hotel chic, or classic - whatever bedroom decor you may be aiming for, our selection of minimalist sheets will fit right in. Their luxurious textural and neutral hues are designed to blend seamlessly with a variety of bedding and furniture.
Care Tips to Make Your Organic Cotton Sheets Last Longer
Our cotton bed sheets are a breeze to clean. You can toss them in the washer and follow it up with air drying or tumble drying. However, there still are a few things to consider to keep them soft and fresh for longer.
- It’s a good idea to use a gentle, slow spin cycle and cold water during the wash to maintain their softness for longer.
- We recommend using a mild or plant-based laundry detergent, as harsh chemicals can be damaging to the natural fibers.
- If you’re tumble drying them, use a low heat setting to enhance the longevity of the sheets. You could skip the dryer in favor of a clothesline or rack. Air drying also prevents your percale sheets from getting too wrinkly.
- Throw in some wool dryer balls in place of dryer sheets to reduce the drying time and keep the sheets static-free
Say Yes to Comfortable and Planet-Friendly Organic Cotton Sheets
With nearly a third of our lives spent in bed, it’s only logical to go for comfortable bedding. Our selection of soft and breathable organic cotton sheets is designed to deliver exactly that - to make every minute you spend sleeping count. They are packed with all the good qualities of regular cotton - breathability, softness, and durability while also being hypoallergenic and an overall safer choice for you and the planet.
Each set includes one flat sheet, one fitted sheet, and two standard pillow covers (one for the twin bedding set). We offer both percale and sateen sheets to accommodate different sleeping preferences. Crisp and cool percale or silky and opulent sateen – feel free to pick the sheets that work best for you.